There is a lot of information crammed into these two verses:
- Jacob finally makes it back home.
- Abraham and Isaac stayed at Mamre. Although they doubtless lived a semi-nomadic lifestyle with their flocks, Mamre seemed to be their home base.
- Mamre was near Kiriath Arba, otherwise known as Hebron.
- Isaac lived to be 180, and had a full life.
- Esau and Jacob cooperated in burying their father. Isaac was buried in the Cave of Machpelah, like Abraham, Sarah and Rebekah. (Genesis 49:30-31). This was the family burial site which had been purchased from Ephron the Hittite.