Friday, October 25, 2013

Back to the Place We Were (Where were You?)

     When I started this blog in 2010, I was exploring different genealogies in the Bible.  Therefore I had skipped to each place in the Bible where a genealogy was present.

Later, I realized that I would have to give at least an idea of what was happening in the lives of the people mentioned in these genealogies, or else the genealogies might not make sense.  So from about Genesis 4 to Exodus 26, I had tried to explore what was happening in each passage.

Then, when I reached the place in Exodus where it was starting to talk about all the details regarding the construction of the Tabernacle, I realized that I would have to go back to the beginning to explain why the Tabernacle and the various sacrifices were needed.  So I covered the general story of creation, the Garden of Eden, the fall of mankind into sin and the consequences of sin, part of which was that Adam and Eve had to leave the Garden.

Now we are going back to the place where we were dealing with the construction of the Tabernacle, in Exodus 26:1-6.  To avoid confusion, if you have been following along recently and now want to continue to study the Bible in a sequential manner, continuing on in Genesis, you can click here and it will take you to a post entitled "Prequel".  After reading that, you can keep reading posts which follow it by clicking on the 'newer post' area near the bottom of that page.

If you've been following along for some time and have already read those posts about Genesis 4 to Exodus 26, and now want to continue on at the Exodus 26 place, you can just read the next post, which will follow this one.

Alternately, if you have another particular passage of Scripture in mind which you would like to learn about, you can insert that reference (say, Genesis 5) into the search box near the upper right hand side, and it will pull up any posts which mention that passage.  So far I have only written about most of the material from Genesis 1 to Exodus 26.  However, other Scriptural passages may have been mentioned as part of a blog post, so if I mentioned them anywhere, they may show up even if I haven't reached those books yet.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment