Monday, February 22, 2010

Excavating Walls

I haven't been posting much, lately, although I have been working on a post about the nations descended from Ham. However, in one post I mentioned that the Bible always proves to be trustworthy, even though at times people question its authenticity. I said that time and archaeological efforts seem to overturn the naysayer's position every time, and that I would try to give some examples of this as I came across them. Here is a link to a story (Archaeologist sees proof for Bible in ancient wall) about the findings of an archaeologist named Eilat Mazar, who, in the words of the article's author Matti Friedman, "is leading the excavation of newly discovered excavations outside the Old City walls." These "date back 3,000 years to the time of the Bible's King Solomon and offer evidence for the accuracy of the Biblical narrative." Read this well-written article and marvel at the grace of God who gives us countless reasons to believe that what He says is true. Note: I can't seem to get the above link to function. I'm still too new at this to deal with it now, but you can probably find the story by googling Eilat Mazar's name.

No comments:

Post a Comment